Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is It Summer Yet?

I need a change. I'm in a rut. Maybe it's because Mother Nature is making one last attempt to prove it's winter that I want to get the hell out of here. I want to lie on a beach with a drink in my hand and the sun beating down on me. I want to float in and out of sleep to the sound of waves crashing. I want to go dancing. I want to eat Mexican food washed down by a cold Corona. I want to wake up to the sun streaming through my window instead of an alarm rudely beeping.

I need to be refreshed. I'm going through the motions...wake up, work, eat, sleep, rinse, repeat.

I want to drive with my windows down, wear sundresses and open-toed shoes. I want green grass and flowers and frozen lemonade. I want to drive past the sea wall and eat ice cream cones before they melt. I want fireworks. I want dinners outside and citronella candles. I want white capris with strappy sandals, bonfires and bar-b-qs.

Wake up, work, eat, sleep, rinse, repeat.

I want to go on evening walks with Michael, go out on the sailboat and eat corn on the cob. I want daiquiris, margaritas and mojitos, big sunglasses and naturally highlighted hair. I want fresh fruit and swimming pools, freckles and tan lines. I want sand in between my toes, coconut scented sunscreen and evenings warm enough for shorts but cool enough to wear a hoodie.

Wake up, work, eat, sleep, rinse, repeat.

How much longer till summer?

6 comments:

sassafras said...

Oh man. I want all of it too. Now.

Mike said...

Go out on the sailboat? Don't forget your drammamine! :)

Unknown said...

I know! Every bit of me is yearning for spring. I don't know how much more of this cold, grey, rainy weather I can handle.

I've been craving margaritas and mexican food. Mmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Toughen up...it's winter in New England and it really hasn't been all that bad.

Anonymous said...

Your blog made me feel that deep longing for summer. It touched on all of my favorite things (well except for the smell of the ocean and weeks at the Cape...) Ugggh I want I want!

Anonymous said...

do I dare say I can do all of that now?