Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Realizations

I'm not feeling especially creative today, but instead of not posting at all, here you go:

It has come to my attention that there are some things I'm just never going to be able to do. This list includes:

- balancing my checkbook, thanks to the wonderful world of debit cards

- washing the dishes right after dinner

- putting my bag anywhere but the kitchen counter

- folding a fitted sheet (I just CAN'T DO IT. Michael does it perfectly. How??)

- not watching romantic comedies with sappy endings

- washing my car

- following politics, even though I know I should

There are, however, some things I'm pretty good at. For example:

- walking in heels

- folding towels (that's right, my towels look fabulous)

- memorizing quotes from Friends

- updating my blog (you're welcome)

- recapping exactly what happened on Gilmore Girls

I know. The important things in life.

**UPDATE**

Because my mother thinks I sound vapid, I must clarify. I do follow my banking, just online. I check my bank statement. I know how much money I have and where it's going. Also, I know what's going on in the world. I watch the news, I read the paper. I know about who I vote for and why. I just don't find politics all that interesting. OK?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay molly. i feel so much better...

Domestic Goddess said...

one word - Quicken!