Wednesday, December 20, 2006

101

My head is kind of all over the place today, so please excuse the sporadic ramblings that follows. First off, yesterday was my 100th post. That may not be a lot in the world of blogging, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Secondly, that family stuff I thought was getting better? It's not. It's getting worse. And my anxiety over it has sky rocketed. I feel physically sick over the situation and I'm really angry. That's all I really want to say about it right now, but it's definitely on my mind.

Got my Christmas present from my boss this morning and it's awesome. Mighty Girl wrote this book and I now own it. Now I have no excuse for a boring post. Did I mention it's awesome? Because it is.

It's no secret I love the Christmas season. But know what I don't like? Holiday commercials. OK, some of them are alright. But most of them? Awful. Especially:

Victoria's Secret: Featuring Heidi Klum singing "Santa Baby" very, very badly. I don't know about you, but this does not make me want to buy underwear. It makes me want to change the channel. And fast. Of course, it's probably not marketed to females...

Lexus: Oh how nice. You go out into your driveway and there's a shiny new Lexus with a big red bow just for you! Except in my world, that would never happen. And I think it's fair to say that most people are not getting a new Lexus for the holidays. If you are, congratulations to you. But me, I drive a Honda Accord.

Jeweler Commercials: Kays, Beldin, Jarrod's (these last two might be RI places, not sure.) If I have to hear one more cheesy song playing in the background while diamond circle pendants sparkle on the screen I'm going to vomit. And their gimmicks are so...gimmicky. "Every kiss begins at Kay," "He went to Jarrod's! He went to Jarrod's? He went to Jarrod's!!!!" Once again, I apologize if this is something you enjoy, but I would prefer not to get a diamond circle pendant that anyone could pick up at the Walmart jewelry counter. I'm just saying.

Old Navy: Get your fash-on. Yeah, I get it. FashiON. So funny. So annoying. Especially with children and dogs jumping out of boxes. I wish they would stop.

Michael likes the JC Penny commercial with the remix of "Here Comes Santa Claus." I like that one because he dances to it and I think it's so cute.

Also, I baked cookies last night for my boss. Which meant my dinner was cookies and two glasses of wine.

And I'm OK with that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the tag line of the Jarrod's commerical? "It can only be Ja-RAAAADS," sung out of tune. I could puke.

I like the commercial with the remix (not sure what they're advertising, so I suppose it's not accomplishing what it set out to do) of the Beatles "From Me to You." Never a Christmas song before, but ta-da! It is now.

sassafras said...

Where was my dinner invitation? I love cookies! And wine!

Molly said...

Oh Sass...you can come over for a cookie and wine dinner anytime!

M.~ The commercial is just awful. A family getting all excited because "He went to Jarrod's!" Woo-hoo.

Ripe for Reading said...

OK--Haven't seen the Vic Secret one, but I will watch for it. Heidi singing? My God. The girl should eat something.

All those jewelery stores' ads are entertaining. And now I have "Every Kiss begins with Kay" in my head. Oh and the commercials with the guys who just can't wait to give their sig others the pendant necklace? Hello! All the ones they show are hideous.

Only 5 more days to go!

Ripe for Reading said...

OK--I was being sarcastic when I wrote the jewelry stores' ads were entertaining, FYI.