Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hard

I feel sick. Someone I love very much is slowly and deliberately throwing their life down the toilet. Not only are they being hurtful and manipulative to the people I care about, they're being extremely self-destructive.

It's so hard. It's so hard to watch this happen and not be able to do anything about it. To see all their potential and talent be pushed aside. For what?

The lies. I'm so tired of the lies. So tired of looking into their eyes and not knowing if their words are true. Having to wonder, how did this happen? Why did this happen?

I want to shake them, slap them, hug them. Anything to save them from this downward spiral.

I feel used. Played. Because I believed them. Wanted to believe that they were giving their real self to me. I was wrong.

I have a pit in my stomach that won't go away. I'm anxious and I don't do well with anxiety. I want this to be better. But will it get better?

It's out of my hands.

And I'm scared.

5 comments:

sassafras said...

Oh Molly, I hate that you're in this situation. Being helpless and watching someone you love destroy their life is torture.
Gah! I hope it gets better. Hang in there.

Clink said...

Clearly I don't know the details but, as Sass said, hang in there. I hope it gets better. Unfortunately, sometimes people need to hit rock bottom before things get better (I learned that from Intervention). I hope things start to look up soon; in the meantime, lean on us if needed!

I'm Kate said...

Stay strong. There might not be anything you can do right now, but you could end up being this person's rock when they really need you. And like Clink said, if you need us, we're here!

Ripe for Reading said...

I can only hope the situation gets better. Hang in there!

Molly said...

You are all great. Thank you. Things will be OK. It's just going to take awhile.

I appreciate all the shoulders to lean on!