Monday, December 11, 2006

O Christmas Tree

Like most weekends, this one went by too quickly. Saturday was spent mostly in my pajamas, until it was time to go back to work. But work isn't really work when you're dressed up eating a gourmet meal. To give you an idea of that meal, it consisted of:

Lobster Madeira Vol-Au-Vent

A mixed winter green salad with apples, dried cranberries and spicy pecans in a maple pomegranate vinaigrette

And a Chef's Trio: Petite filet mignon, grilled double lamb chop with a port wine and cherry reduction and wood roasted Alaskan halibut with a shrimp and roasted fennel gratinee.

It's ok. I'd be jealous of my stomach too. I guess if you have to work on a Saturday, that's the way to do it.

Sunday was Fun Day because we finally got the Christmas tree! Michael wasn't into decorating it, but he did put it in the stand which was great because last year I did it myself, was covered in sap and cursing repeatedly. This was much better.

The night was complete with us lying on the couch under the glow of the tree. Me watching Mean Girls, him asleep in my arms.

So good.

4 comments:

sassafras said...

I watched Mean Girls too!!! I say that's a wonderful trade off, putting the tree in the stand is a PITA!

Anonymous said...

I also indulged in Miss Lohan's finest film thus far. My favorite line... "There are the girls who eat their feelings."

Ripe for Reading said...

OMG--yummy meal! What do you do for work? Food columnist?

Molly said...

Sass & M.- It's such a stupid-funny movie. I like "You can't sit with us!" Classic.

Ripe- I commented back on your blog. But yes, the meal was A-mazing.