Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Randomness

* I've had good luck with cops today. I got winked at by a young boy in blue while waiting at a traffic stop and when I made a very quick left turn through a yellow light after getting off the highway a cop was looking in the opposite direction. Phew!

* I love listening to Christmas music to and from work. But Auld Lang Syne always makes me teary for some reason. Doesn't help that my birthday is New Years Eve. I suppose I can always blame it on champagne bubbles.

* I really dislike morning radio. I've been forgoing the iPod for a few weeks now to listen to Christmas music, but it's really not worth it. I'll hear one song and then 10 minutes of DJs babbling on about stupid topics. If I wanted talk-radio, I'd listen to talk-radio. I want music.

I used to listen to one station on the way in to work because my boss was a guest host twice a week. I'd listen specifically so I could come in and discuss the morning topics. (Or make fun of him, because I did that too.) He's not on the air anymore so until the Christmas music started, I didn't really have a reason to listen.

Evening radio is great. Lots of music, few commercials. Whose idea was it to give two annoying people rein of my morning commute? Whose? It wouldn't even be that bad if stations coordinated their commercials. So when one breaks, the other is playing music. But, no. They don't do that. It's like torture.

* So, question: I have a hair appointment coming up right before Christmas. I always tip my stylist well, 20%. But since my appointment is right before the holiday, should I tip her more? Or bring a little gift? What do you suggest?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've been going to the same stylist literally since I was 12 years old. She got me through proms, bangs, boyfriends, and everything in between (sounds like she and I will be tackling gray hair this weekend at my appointment). Because we're pretty close, I always bring her a little something for the holidays - like a bottle of wine - and give her a 25% tip. But I think it probably depends on what kind of relationship you have with your stylist.