Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Outside

My hands have finally thawed enough to type a post. This morning we gave a press tour that included a lot of in-and-out of buildings. The buildings --glorious heated buildings-- were fantastic. The in-and-out? Horrendous.

Now yes, I am aware that if I had boots, at least my feet would have been a little warmer. But despite the fact that I wore stockings under my pants, a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a long coat, a scarf, a hat and gloves, I was still freezing. Which makes me wonder...why do I live in New England again? Oh right. The beaches, the seasons, the proximity to my family and that Boy I guess I kind of like.

And really, it's kind of a cool way to spend a Friday. I mean, if you have to work, why not spend it with travel writers from around the country? Especially when you meet people from your home town and people who graduated the same program as you from the same college.

And now back to work. But not until my toes defrost.

Thank goodness for space heaters.

2 comments:

sassafras said...

I can totally relate. My hands and feet get cold so easily and so quickly. We're stocking up on hand warmers this winter!

Anonymous said...

if your feet were warm, so would you be. my mother was right and so is yours :-)

get a decent pair of warm boots....it's part of adulthood...
:-D