Friday, February 09, 2007

Ms. Judgy Pants

I'm judgemental. There. I said it. I make a snap decision about someone in the first few moments of meeting (or seeing) them.

The reporter? Geek in high school. Turned the volume up a little in college and learned the advantages to dressing well. Still not too suave with the ladies.

The guy at the restaurant? Townie. High school education. Crude. A little clueless. (He was wearing flannel pajama bottoms with what I think were skiers on them and sneakers circa 1997.)

Granted, the reporter could have women lining up to date him, (although I sincerely doubt it) and flannel pants guy could be have easily been promoted from the paper goods department at Walmart to automotive parts. See! I did it again!

I consider myself to be a nice person and it's only in certain company that I would voice these opinions out loud. And these opinions are kind of mean.

But then again, what are people thinking about me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....you made those comments when you were with me. What does that say about me?

I'm Kate said...

I catch myself doing the same thing. Sometimes it's way too easy to judge other people. It may not be the best habit, but it's kind of hard not to do.

Anonymous said...

more reasons why I <3 you

Anonymous said...

hehe, makes me think of when moelle gets together and brings out the worst in eachother :)
xoxo