Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tagged Part 2

I was tagged. I've actually done this one before, but I don't think there is a shortage of weird things about me. So here we go. Six Weird Things About Me.

1. I cannot watch a movie unless I see it from the very beginning. Even if it's a movie I've seen 1,000 times, know all the words to and own the dvd. If it's not the beginning, I can't watch it. And if it's one I haven't seen? Forget it. I tried doing that when TNT plays movies back to back...watch the second half first and then the first half. It sucks.

2. I hate it when people shorten my name. My name is Molly, not Mol. I mean, come on. It's only five letters. How lazy are you that you have to shorten it to three? There are only a select few who are allowed to call me Mol and they had to earn it. Big time. The worst was when a professor would call me Mol on the first day of class or when a coworker did it the first week at a new job. And then you're stuck with it because you can't really say, "actually, DON'T." When I hear Mol, I think mall or maul. Ugh.

3. It's no secret I want to got engaged. It's also no secret that I browse the Knot, look at rings and dresses and think about reception sites. What may be kind of weird is that I already have a list. A big list. Full of everything from photographers to bakeries to florists. A list I've complied by reading message boards on the Knot. So that when it does happen, I'm ready to go. I am aware how sick this is. I am also aware that maybe I need to get out more on the weekends.

4. I was never into naming my cars, but in high school my first car was a Volvo and it was super cute. So my friend Abby and I named her the Molvo. And Abby had a Saab. Which, you guessed it, we named Saabby.

5. I call cats Moosies. I'm not entirely sure why I do this or where it started, but it stuck. And it has to be said in a high pitched, squealy voice. The sad thing is my friends and family are all aware of this and some of them even call them moosies now.

6. I had one of those allergy tests done years ago and I'm allergic to dust mites, ash trees and cockroaches. I don't know what an ash tree looks like and I've only seen a cockroach once, but whenever my allergies flare up I blame it on ash trees and cockroaches. Because, clearly, what else could it be.

I'm passing on the meme. Mike (no, it's not Michael), Sass, Ripe and Daily Editor...you're tagged!

7 comments:

sassafras said...

I hate when people shorten names as well! I work with someone who does that. I also work with someone that adds a "Y" to every name like he was 7 years old...Danny, Bobby, Billy, etc. It drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

I related to the movie thing because I can't read magazines unless I read them from the beginning. Preferably, cover to cover, in one sitting. I feel uneasy when I only get halfway through.

Mike said...

Ok, remember, I'm new at this. So what the hell do i do now?

Unknown said...

I had the allergy test done and I was only allergic to Nickel, seriously, nickel. Like so allergic that the doctor called in other doctors and nurses to watch how quickly I was reacting to it.

Also, I booked my reception site before I was engaged and I LOVE the knot!

When you and Clink get engaged, we'll need to have a bride brainstorming fest!

Molly said...

I feel so much better now! Haha.

Sasha said...

haha! This cracks me up. I have lists too! shhh... my secret

Anonymous said...

You should have written about the words you hate. You know: moist, lozenge, bovine, mound....i can keep going :P I <3 you Mo (I didn't even know Molly was your name)