Wednesday, September 27, 2006

15 Minutes of Pain

You know what would be really awful? To be one of those people featured on the news as "America's Obesity Problem."

You're going about your morning, eating your breakfast, ironing your pants (not necessarily at the same time) when BAM! Smack on the screen is your midsection, the CNN ticker gliding over your knees.

There's no mistaking it's you. How many people really own that Larry, Mo and Curly tee-shirt? (No, seriously. How many? They need to be confiscated.) Would other people know it's you? Would you care?

Or what if you were featured in the "Don'ts" section of Glamour? Sure, you thought the tapered, acid wash jeans cinched around your middle, giving you the ever popular "muffin top" was sexy. Yes, the neon, cropped, mesh shirt was popular. In 1986. And where did you ever find a mini-backpack these days? (Mine was black with a brown suede flap. I'm really impressed you found a clear plastic one...they were tough to come by.)

You made these choices. You thought you were styling. Would you consider your 15 minutes in Glamour to be a good thing?

Me? I would be mortified. The prospect of being on the news, for any reason, freaks me out. There is a chance that with the nature of my job this could one day occur. I'm so not looking forward to that.

Good thing I no longer wear red high-tops with Tweety Bird on them.

What? You didn't wear those? Yeah, um, me neither.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha two things:

I totally hearted my mini black backpack w/ the brown suede top!!! I think I got it at the SOUTH Hills mall hahaha and it took my mom a lot of convincing, I think she thought it was real ugly!

The next is I remember having these either converse "high tops" or keds "high tops" (even worse), well one shoe had tweety bird and the other shoe had sylvester. Can't really get more dorky then us, OH, I mean we were so hip!

;)