Tuesday, September 19, 2006

How Come It's (K)not My Turn?

So many people I went to high school with are getting married. How do I know? Hi, Myspace.

I'm happy for them. It's so great to be in love and find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. But some of these people....I just can't believe they're getting married.

Before me.

Yes, that's right. I want to get married. Badly. I have found the love of my life. I am happier than I could have ever imagined. And I dream about walking down the aisle and meeting him at the altar.

Some of my friends don't understand why I want to be married now. "You're so young. Experience life before you get married!"

But the thing is, I am experiencing life. And I'm experiencing it with him. I'm not missing out on anything.

I've already traveled the world. And I will again. With him. I've already dated. And I know in my heart that there is no one I'd rather be with. He doesn't hold me back from doing whatever I want to do. He's caring, loving and supportive. Always. We've been together almost five years. The happiest five years of my life.

So don't tell me I'm too young.

Even though I don't want to admit it, I'm kind of jealous of all these ridiculously happy high school people planning their futures with their spouse-to-be. I want a spouse-to-be!

Have I mentioned I'm in love? I am. After four years I still get excited when I know he's coming home from work. My heart still beats fast when he kisses me. I looooove him.

I can't help but think about it. Say what you want. I want to marry the man of my dreams.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

No comments: