Monday, September 11, 2006

It's Been Five Years

It's been five years, and I can't watch the news today. CNN is playing their original coverage of 9/11 all day. I. Just. Can't. Watch.

It's been five years, and this year there have been a few movies about that day. I can't help but think that the country just isn't ready for them yet. Maybe in another five years. But now? The wounds are still fresh.

While flipping channels Saturday night, Jen's friend stopped on a History Channel documentary about 9/11. Just in time to see bodies falling. Again.

It's been five years and those images are still etched onto my brain.

It's been five years. Five years ago today I was sitting in my Theatre 100 class when a kid came in and said the tower had been hit. Five years ago today I sat in my dorm room and cried at the images on the tv screen.

It's been five years, and in five years a lot of good has happened in my life. I made some great friends, I met Michael, I graduated college, I got a job. But the memory of that day still haunts me.

It's been five years, and I can't watch the news today.

No comments: