Friday, September 22, 2006

A Day In The Life

7:06 a.m.- Baaaarrgghhh I don't want to get up.

7:07 a.m.- Dog is whining. Getting up.

7:58 a.m.- I have nothing to wear. I feel fat.

8:04 a.m.- I still feel fat. I know, I'll pack a healthy lunch. With yogurt! And fruit! And a granola bar!

8:57 a.m.- Pull into parking lot. Score! A spot. Score! I'm early. Walk up to office.

8:59 a.m. - Crap. Left phone in the car. Walk back to car.

9:01 a.m.- Walk back to office.

9:02 a.m.-12:03 p.m. - Work.

12:04 p.m. - I'm hungry. My lunch sucks. I don't want to eat it. I want a chicken sandwich. Yeah...and french fries. Mmmmmm french fries.

12:05 p.m. - Think "You are not getting french fries. You have a healthy lunch. You feel fat. Eat your lunch."

12:06 p.m.- I'm getting french fries.

12:07 p.m.- Boss wants a vanilla milkshake. I do a little shake and sing "Vanilla milllkshake." Could I be any whiter? (Vanilla-er?)

12:09 p.m.- Pull out of parking lot. Anticipate that my spot will be gone when I return.

12:10 p.m.- Pull into traffic. The person in front of me lets four cars pull out in front of her before she moves. Car number five gives me a death-stare for not letting her out. Pppffffft!

12:11 p.m.- Retro lunch hour! "People don't you know, don't you know it's about time....pump it, pump it, pump, pump it up!" I resist doing the Carlton. My windows are down.

12:13 p.m.- Decide to wait in the drive-through lane. Hello, retro lunch hour.

12:16 p.m.- Get to pay window. Paco takes my money.

Paco: "Didn't I see you yesterday?"

Me: "I don't think so."

Paco: "What about the day before?"

Me: "No...."

Paco: "The day before that?"

Me: "Am I all set?????"

Paco: "Awwww damn baby!"

Great. Paco thought I was cute. I guess it's flattering. Even though he was greasy. And didn't speak much English. And works at McDonalds. Ok, maybe not so flattering.

I bet Paco hits on all the ladies.

12:19 p.m. - Mmmm french fries smell gooooood.

12:21 p.m.- My spot is still there! Yay!

12:22 p.m.- No one will stop to let me cross the street. One lady drives by and stares at me as she does. I give her my best "you're such as ass" glare. Really.

12:23 p.m. - FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!

12:36 p.m.- I feel fat.

No comments: