Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Wrong Words

For as long as I can remember there have been some words I don't like. It's not the connotation of the word, rather the way it sounds.

Some examples:
Moist
Mound
Crevice Lozenge
Bovine
Junk
Ointment
Unit

My friends think this is funny. They will even form sentences using as many of the words from the list as they can.

"The bovine had a lozenge stuck in his moist crevice." (Thank you, Brian.)

Or Michael will stretch out a word slowly and irritatingly until it makes me want to cringe. "Unit. Uuuuunit. Uuuuuuuuuuuuunit."

The worst is when I'm not prepared. I was once in a setting with people I didn't know and a woman offered me a lozenge. In my head I'm thinking, why not cough drop? Who really says lozenge anyway? But I couldn't say anything so I politely declined. Then she proceeded to offer up lozenges to people all around me. Lozenge. Over and over again. Lozenge? Would you like a looozzzzenge? LOZENGE!!!

Does anyone else have this problem?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the word ointment, but appointment is oh k :)