Friday, November 17, 2006

In Which I Say "Meatballs"...Twice

I woke up this morning to a text saying that Christmas music was on the radio. (Thanks, Jen!) I know it's a cliche, but this really is my favorite time of year. There's something about Thanksgiving through New Years that's so warm and cozy and happy. I love it.

So despite the fact that it's 60 degrees out, I listened to Christmas music the whole ride to work and now have it playing at my desk. Yay! Michael (a.k.a. Scrooge) will cringe when he reads this. He doesn't want to hear Christmas music until the week of Christmas, and even then he thinks it's too much. Too bad he lives with me!

I've already bopped around my desk to Mariah ("All I want for Christmas is yoouuuuu!") and am currently being serenaded by Frosty the Snowman. Love it!

On to some randomness, because really, it's Friday.

I confessed to Michael that I look at wedding stuff and that I might possibly (i.e. absolutely) have found the place for a reception. As in, I started drooling all over myself when I found it. And we could afford it! And...hi, I'm not even engaged.

His response? He wasn't surprised. Or freaked out. He laughed...and then smiled. He's so cute.

I really pushed myself at the gym last night (yes, I did go!) and as a result I am not wearing heels today. Legs = ow. But a good ow.

Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow I am going to Ikea. IKEA! The magical store that goes on forever and has stemware, couches, beds and meatballs! Couches and meatballs! In the same store! Oh those crazy Scandinavians!

I've been given some tips to survive my first experience within the window-less blue box. Bring a granola bar. Follow the signs. Charge your cell before leaving and always have a buddy. With these tips I'm sure popping my Ikea cherry will be a fun adventure. Details to follow.

Happy Friday!

"Siillllleeeent Niiight. Hooooooly Niiiight..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mike said that we could put the tree where ever i wanted, even if it meant rearranging the houe. he also said that he would help me hang stockings, and that i could decorate as much as I wanted. as long as there was NO christmas music. so i think i will need to be investing in some ear plugs for him...

sassafras said...

I remember my first trip. It turned into coming back the next day. Bring lots of $ and patience.
I totally listened to xmas music on my way to work too! Coast 93.3?
And yes, you are correct. I accept all forms of payment =)

Clink said...

Ikea. IKEA. Heaven and hell in exactly the same place. I'd definitely bring some sustenance and also, check the boxes (as much as you can) to make sure they have all the parts. Sometimes, Ikea isn't so big on including everything. Trust me. Also - buy some chocolate. Even their cheap stuff is some of the best I've ever had. Good luck! (Oh, and so adorable about his reaction to the reception site.)

Domestic Goddess said...

water, don't forget water!