Tuesday, November 21, 2006

One Time Deal

For the first time ever I'm taking down a post. The last one I wrote. Because once again I was complaining about not being engaged and you know what? That's enough.

At least it's enough for this week. Because I'm sure I'll complain about it again. Even though I'm going to try really hard not to. But the whole post was about it. The. Whole. Thing.

Because the thing is, I don't want to be the girl that whines and asks over and over again "when are you going to marry me???" That's not who I am. That's not who I want to become. And I don't want Michael to propose just to get me to shut up!

I'm not going to pretend and promise that it won't come up in posts again. Because it will. Because it's on my mind A LOT and that's what this blog is for. Plus, Clink and I have to stick together now that Ms. Sass is going to be Mrs. Sass! (Congrats again!) And it's fun to be impatient with Clink. She gets it.

So, again. Enough for whining for this week.

All in due time. Right?

6 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

ok, have you and Michael "talked" about getting engaged? Is this something he is actually planning on happening?
Do we need to have an intervention and do some subtle (or not so subtle) hinting?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Goddess,

Yes. We have talked about it. A lot. And it's defintely coming. Which is why I need to stop whining.

He actually brings it up more than I do lately which I think is a good sign. He says he won't tell me anything because he knows I want to be surprised.

I'm just impatient.

Clink said...

All in due time. All in due time. All in due time. (She says, while rocking back and forth with her eyes closed, dreaming of diamonds.)

I kid. Part of the fun is in the waiting and the wishing and the hoping. And by fun I also mean insanity. I have a feeling you're next though. Mark my words!

sassafras said...

I think it's coming and probably sooner than you think. I know exactly how you feel. I started to think about it TOO much and was driving myself crazy.
If he's been bringing it up a lot lately it's a very good sign =)
Oh and whining about it? That's OK. That's what blogs are for.

Anonymous said...

Clink- The mantra works, right? RIGHT? Yeah, not so much for me either. :) I hope you're right...although I foresee a Merry Christmas Clink ring box in your future. Let's hope I'm right!

Sass- Yes. That is exactly what blogs are for. Of course he reads this blog so too much whining here is the same as too much whining at home. But I don't think he reads the comments so whine, whine, whine! :)

I'm Kate said...

All in due time is right! I started to write a post on my blog the other day about my second official ring shopping experience with Bill when I realized where I was going with it -- I started to wonder about when it's going to happen, which is nothing I haven't said before on my blog. I kind of thought, hey, I think I just have to hold on and enjoy the waiting and suspense for now. It'll happen, but how many times can I ask myself when? I know it's coming, and I'm so excited to be at the stage where it's all up to him and I get to anticipate this really awesome time in our lives. But yeah, as fun and exciting as the waiting is, it's hard!