Thursday, November 09, 2006

Workin' It (At Work...Not On The Streets)

I came into work early because I have to leave early today. Do you know how strange an office is a half hour before everyone comes in? It's eerily quiet...no computers running, no printers going, no yelling from room to room. (What, people don't yell in your office?)

I kind of enjoyed the quiet. Not so much that I would want to work in a quiet office, though. Because my office has character. And chocolate. And hardwood floors. And....chocolate.

So today has the potential to be a pretty good day. I'm having lunch with a friend, the intern might not wear her overly strong perfume (fingers crossed) and it won't be completely dark out when I leave. Not like last night when Rt. 1 was a freaking death trap. And later this evening is my much needed hair appointment (roots=bad) which was delayed a week because of the dinner. I love the tag line for SunSilk. "Get hairapy." So true.

In exciting news that has nothing to do with me? Daily Editor might be getting engaged soon!!!! So excited for you, girlie. You know there's a bunch of us green with envy right now. Her boy basically confirmed he is ring shopping. (Or has ring-shopped already!) Yay!

And shout-out to the male reader who felt neglected when I thanked all the ladies. Thanks for reading, man. How about a little male perspective?

In other news, Boobeski is coming to visit tomorrow. Which means massive amounts of house cleaning tonight. Damn you, Boobs.

(It will be interesting to see how many people end up here through a Google search of "damn boobs." Ha!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet there will be a lot of people visiting your blog now that boobs is visiting. well lots of guys at least. maybe you should include a picture, i still need to find me a man. anyways, the house doesn't need to be too clean, i'm fine with a little mess. i will see you in a bit and you better be up for food and delicious beverages!!!

Domestic Goddess said...

Ok, where do you work that has hard wood floors and chocolate?

Molly said...

Boobs- Hello, I'm *always* up for delicious beverages. And the second bedroom? The one you're staying in? Yeah, it still looks like my closet exploded all over the bed. We'll see if it's neat by the time you get here....

Goddess- Haha, I'd still like to keep some things anonymous. Let's just say the building is historic and the entire office is made up of chocoholics. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the GetHairapy campaign-- so cute! The guys are great, you should definitely check out their Web site if you havent' already:)