Monday, January 29, 2007

Can't Win 'Em All

Are soy chai lattes caffeinated? Because if they are I think I'm going through withdrawal. After drinking way too many lattes this weekend I opted not to have any today. And now I have a serious headache. Connection?

I'm also starving and am looking forward to eating my lunch that's in the fridge. Homemade lasagna and salad.

"Oh, you had time to make a lasagna this weekend?"

No, I did not. However Michael's mother had time to make him a lasagna, a big salad, a pot roast AND a carrot cake yesterday. In between church and a 3 p.m. dinner. Which I decided at the last minute not to attend. Because I had "plans". Which included CVS and the couch.

When he walked in the door that evening with heaping bags of food I felt the pangs of yet another jab at me.

I can't compete with a four-course meal made with love, control and a dash of guilt.

And she knows it.

Mother: 1
Me: 0

5 comments:

Clink said...

Molly! I CAN'T with that woman! She's seriously straight out of a sitcom. If I read a book with her as a thinly veiled character, I would think that she was wildly unrealistic.

Unbelievable. (But yay to reaping the benefits of her cooking!)

Ripe for Reading said...

Lasagne...yummy.

I laughed at the "plans" part--CVS and the couch. Hee hee.

Molly said...

Clink- There are no words for this woman. I wish it wasn't real!

Ripe- I have to admit, it was tasty!

Anonymous said...

You can't compete with mothers, period. So don't try. Men move out of their mothers' houses and into their girlfriends'/fiances'/wives' houses for a reason. Relish in that, and eat the free food.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Caffeinated!