Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm Starting To Think I have Issues...

My hair looks like crap today. I have a hair appointment tonight so you would think I'd be OK with my hair looking less than perfect now. But I'm not.

For some reason I think my stylist will judge me for having a crappy hair day. I feel like my hair should be voluminous and shiny and gorgeous to prove to her that yes, I take care of my hair! I'm not a shlub! I didn't throw my hair in a ponytail when it was still wet!

It's like making your teeth sparkle before going to the dentist or shaving your legs before a doctor's appointment. You want to present yourself as the best possible You. The together, competent You.

I seriously considered washing my hair last night so I would have time to straighten and style it today. Of course I chose to watch The Hills instead (Those girls have good hair. Bitches.) and didn't leave myself enough time to do it this morning.

Seriously, could I be wasting brain cells on a stupider problem? In a few hours I will be sitting smack in the middle of a salon and my hair will be sticking up in all directions between multiple layers of foil. In front of people. This does not bother me.

But a limp, semi-damp ponytail? Completely unacceptable.

Issues, people. Issues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. I feel this way too. I make sure to do my make-up and hair before my hair appontments. Crazy I tell you.

-Laura

Anonymous said...

Reading the headline, I only hade one thought...."starting to think?" kidding! funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh, The Hills. I seriously wish I could stop watching that show, because it is mind numbing. But, I'm addicted to shows like that, Maui Fever, and any show that involves the words "real," "road," "challenge."

Happy Friday :)

Anonymous said...

yes, i think you are wasting brain cells on a stupid problem. it's kind of like vacuuming the house before the cleaning lady comes (not that i have a cleaning lady, but if i ever did....well, you get my drift...). they WANT to see you come in with crappy hair. then it's a challenge....

RusticateGirl said...

LOL! I got my hair done (fixed) on Friday. I completely styled it before I went.