Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Grievances

Mother Nature -- I knew it had to become winter sometime, but couldn't we have eased into it? Fourteen degrees is not what I wanted to encounter this morning.

Skin -- I've done everything to appease you. I have washed, lotioned and cared for you just as I should. I did nothing to deserve the breakout on my chin. Nothing! You are 24 years old. I suggest you start acting like it.

Shoes -- Why do you hurt me? I know you're just a smidge higher than I usually wear to work but I really thought you would pull through. Apparently you are made for the walk from the car to the bar and nothing more. You are so beautiful on the outside, yet your true colors are showing.

Fridge -- Why are you so empty? Why can't you just fill yourself up? I really don't want to go shopping for you. And I absolutely cannot go after work. I'm wearing beautiful yet evil shoes. I refuse to walk around a grocery store.

I refuse.

3 comments:

Ripe for Reading said...

I like to find a great recipe and plan my grocery shopping around that. I really try to think about the yummy foods and meals I'll make with the items I buy. The part I hate is carrying the bags from the car, through one door, onto the elevator and then through another door, before reaching the kitchen. You might have to get take out tonight since your shoes are non-cooperative!

Anonymous said...

It's about time winter got here...now if we could just get a little snow to go along with these temps!

sassafras said...

I agree with nowak, I'm kind of glad winter is here and I would like some snow.
But I also agree with you Molly, I would have liked to ease into it.