Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Happy 2007! Ignoring the fact that the entire left side of my face was stuffed up and phlegm was collecting in my lungs for days, (mmm, nice) this weekend was great. Boobeski showed up on Saturday and we headed out for a day of shopping with Jen.

Sunday started with more shopping (I bought shoes. Surprised? I'm allowed...it was birthday weekend,) followed by a birthday dinner with us and Michael. Then in typical girly fashion, we took almost two hours to get ready to go out. Poor Michael was bombarded with estrogen and makeup and hair products until he retreated to the couch to watch some television.

My friend Margaret and her boyfriend showed up just in time to go out and we all headed to a local bar. The rest of the night was so much fun...good drinks, good company and a ton of hilarious pictures.

I said goodbye to 2006 with a champagne toast and the sweetest kiss from the man I love. (Saaaaaappy! Yeah, yeah. I know.) It was a wonderful birthday.

Now it's back to work after 10 days of vacation. Of course it's a very short week because my family is coming tomorrow night. So I can't really complain.

I got a few phone calls and a couple of hand-grabs from various people asking "Where's the ring?" In the back of my mind I had hoped it would happen by my birthday, until Michael and I talked about it on the way home from NY. He didn't want me to get my hopes up for a New Year's surprise because he knows me and he knows that if it didn't happen I wouldn't be able to hide my disappointment. So he told me flat out. Not this week.

I was bummed for a little bit until I realized that it's too predictable anyway. He's always saying he knows I want to be surprised so why would he do it when I was expecting it? And he asked me to show him what kind of rings I like...which I did. Immediately. So I'm taking that as a good sign.

So no, I was not disappointed that I didn't ring in 2007 with something sparkly on my hand. Because 2006 was a really great year. And I think 2007 is going to be even better.


(Snuggling at the bar? What can I say...he smells really good.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Here's to a wonderful 2007 (complete with beautiful shiny things bestowed upon us by the men we love).

sassafras said...

Yay for a happy birthday weekend!
Eeek, he asked what kind of ring?! Yes!

sassafras said...

Oh yeah...cute picture!!!!

I'm Kate said...

Such a cute picture of you two!