Friday, January 12, 2007

Randomness...or Sneakers and Speakers*

This week is the first full week I've worked since Christmas. It's been so tough to get up early five days in a row. I mean, God. The agony.

I left 15 minutes early today because I was up! And ready! So why not?(!) Apparently leaving 15 minutes early means you will encounter 10 times as many asshats on the road. Lesson learned: no more leaving early.

I went out last night for my mid-week martinis with Jen. We ran into some people she went to high school with, including a guy I worked with briefly at a coffee shop in college. He didn't recognize me. I guess I'm just that memorable.

*During the conversation he mentioned that earlier in the day he had bought sneakers and speakers. I just liked the way it sounds.

Also in that group of people was a guy that apparently applied for my job. Obviously, he did not get it. Because I did. Awkward...

And towards the end of the evening a group of people erupted in applause because a couple got engaged in the bar. My thoughts alternated between "They just got engaged in the bar!" to "They just got engaged in the bar?" Well, OK. Thoughts? Let's be honest here. That was said out loud. Blame it on the two martinis.

While getting ready to run the dishwasher this morning I happened to stop and read the label.

On the front: New! So effective, no need to prewash!

On the back: For best results fill both regular and prewash compartments.

Huh.

And finally, it's National De-Lurking Week! I know you're out there, I check my stats. You're all over the world! So stop by and say Hi. Love me? Let me know. Hate me? Let me know that, too. I can take it. And all those loyal readers that have never commented (cough, JEN) here's your chance.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Prewashing is intriguing. Think of the other 'pre' words. How do you 'pre-board' a plane? You either board it or you don't. how do you 'pre-heat' your oven? Aren't you actually heating it? it's a weird thing.

Tyjen said...

thanks for reading my blog! i've actually been lurking around yours for a little while via daily editor and ripe for reading. i like it!

Anonymous said...

Sneakers and Speakers... we have the randomest midweek martini nights...

Ripe for Reading said...

I like the way sneakers and speakers sounds too...yes, you are one of many recently who says "asshat"--thank you for the new curse word : )

Have a faboo weekend!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha asshat? :)