Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Changes

There is a very good possibility that in the next few weeks Jen will be moving 25 minutes away. I know that 25 minutes isn't very far, but what's getting to me is that things will inevitably change.

I am so used to living 3 minutes apart and there's something really comforting about dropping by her house whenever, helping myself to something in the fridge and reading a magazine before taking a nap on her couch. Her family is my Rhode Island family.

So while I really am happy for her to move out of her house and get an apartment, I can't help feeling sad. It was hard enough having all my friends leave after college. I didn't want to go through that again.

And yes, I'm being a tad dramatic because as Jen says I'm just getting that RI mentality that 25 minutes is far away. But it is far when you factor in the above.

I know we will still go out drinking, judge karaoke contests, shop at Marshalls, go for walks and stay just as close friends as we are now. It just won't be as frequent.

And that makes me sad.

No comments: