Friday, August 18, 2006

Thoughts on the way to work

Lady in the SUV who nearly killed me: please don't throw your hands up in agitation when I honk my horn at you. You started coming into my lane while you were NEXT TO ME. Not in front, not behind. Next to. If I had been smashed into the guard rail, it would have been your fault.

Man on cell phone: You look funny talking into your head set. You know they make little ear pieces now? You don't need that telemarketer looking head set with the microphone wrapped around your face. Also, please talk in the right lane. Talking on your phone makes you drive slow.

Person in silver Accord: This is one of those things I will never understand. You were driving in the left lane. You were going slow. Myself and my fellow commuters passed you. On the RIGHT. That means you were driving really slow. After a couple miles I see this silver blur come flying up behind me and sail past me down the road. It was you! What the hell? 45 to 80 mph for no reason?

Man merging onto 95: You probably couldn't see me behind you with all that junk in your car, but dude, you're merging onto a highway. That implies that you must move a tad faster than you would if you were merging onto, oh I don't know, a dirt road. Oh yeah, and your bumper sticker, "My other car is my Berkinstocks" doesn't make sense. I understand your crunchy joke, but really.

Lastly, what is with these lyrics? Your arms are my castle/your heart is my sky/they wipe away tears that I cry.

So is it the arms or the heart that's wiping away the tears? Wouldn't you use hands to wipe away tears? I guess I can understand that the arms are like coming home (to your castle), but your heart is my sky? What?

I just love being a commuter.

1 comment:

pins&needles said...

Its good to let your road rage out on a blog. I do it too.

If I drove past you, you would've probably wrote "lady in the black civic: you look funny singing in your car right before you cussed out that guy in the accord".