Monday, August 21, 2006

It's all Chinese to me

I'm waiting in the Chinese restaurant for my lunch. I'm following the correct waiting-for-your-food protocol, minding my own business while not looking at any one person in particular.

"Is the food good here?" A woman next to me asks.

"I've only been here once but it was pretty good," I reply.

Woman: "What did you have?" (She is not following protocol.)

Me: "Um, I think it was orange chicken."

W: "What did it taste like?"

M: "Orange chicken." (I pretend to read something off the wall menu. I will her to stop talking to me.)

W: "What does other Chinese food taste like?"

M: "Excuse me?"

W: "You know, like the noodles and stuff."

M: "Have you ever had Chinese food before?"

W: "Yes, lots of times."

M: "Ok...."

Woman pauses. "You have really tan feet."

Happy Monday!

No comments: