Thursday, August 17, 2006

So there.

Dear Route 1,

This has been a long time coming. Don't act surprised. While in the scheme of things our relationship hasn't been very long, I'm going to be the adult here and tell you: It's just not working.

I have decided to end our relationship. Since I do have to use you every day to get to work we will still see each other. But I will pass over you without so much as a smile. Don't worry about making awkward small talk. You are dead to me. Here's why:

1. All the on and off ramps, cross-overs and turn-arounds. I just don't get it. Who thought it would be a good idea to have someone get on you from the right, then have to shoot across two lanes of traffic to reach the turn-around to head the opposite direction? I don't appreciate that. If I'm in the right lane and see someone merging it is instinct for me to get in the left lane. How annoyed I am everytime that person cuts me off to turn around! Oh, and having them come to a halting stop in the left lane while people are coming up behind them going at least 60? Bad.

2. No lights. Not one lamppost to be found. You could at least have reflective paint or those plastic reflectors in the dotted line. You are a main road! Get with the times. Do you know how difficult it is to see at night, especially when it's raining

3. Which brings me to....improper drainage system! This is New England. We get rain....which has to go somewhere. Letting it pool into the right lane is not the best option. I really don't like hydroplaning.

4. Cops. They're everywhere. They don't even hide anymore. Have they given up on you too?

5. The blood stain. It's still there. I was sitting in that traffic jam the day the motorcyclist got hurt. That was weeks ago. Please, please, please clean it up. I cringe every time I drive by it.

I hope you understand why we can't be together anymore. Just remember, it's not me. It's you.

No comments: