Friday, August 11, 2006

Sweetness

A re-post, because I like this one.

As I'm walking back from dropping off a FedEx package, I come up behind an older couple holding hands.

You know that three-stone diamond anniversary ring commercial with the younger couple walking around the older couple? It was like that, except they weren't that old. Probably in their 60s.

The couple is walking slowly, they're laughing and smiling. He even stops to pick her a flower. The whole time they never let go of each other's hands.

I know that in reality, they could be a new couple. (I mean what the hell, my grandfather just remarried at 80!) They both could have had lives before each other. Spouses, children, etc.

But I'd like to think that they've been happily married for 40 years and love each other today just as much, if not more, as they did when they said "I do."

That couple made me happy.

No comments: