Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pants. Uncomfy.

Michael did the laundry the other day. And as much as I appreciate the fact that he washed my clothes, he put everything in the dryer. Every.Thing.

So now my super cute Limited copped ankle pants are just a touch too tight. I thought they would loosen up during the day and everything was going well until I ate lunch.
Now that my stomach has expanded after shoving the last of the peach in my face (mmmmmm peach) I'm very uncomfortable. If I wasn't at work I would totally unbutton my pants.

So lesson learned. I should actually utilize the pretty pink double laundry basket (which Michael as banished to the basement) and seperate my clothes into "Dry" and "Don't Dry." Preferably with BIG signs distinguishing the two. That way I can be assured he won't shrink any more of my pants.

I casually mentioned to him that even though I really appreciated him doing the laundry, perhaps from now on any pants other than jeans should be automatically hung up. He was receptive and I think he got it. I don't want to push it too far. I mean, who doesn't like having their laundry done?

I guess it's inevitable really. I bug him to do more around the house. Dishes, vacuuming, laundry. (This is totally what my mother complained about for years.) And he finally does it (without being asked!) and I get small pants.

Maybe I can "accidently" use some of his fire department tee-shirts as cleaning rags. :)

UPDATE: I just unbuttoned my pants and pulled my shirt over the top. Heaven.

No comments: